Ohio House and Senate leaders have begun to lay out their 2019 priorities. In addition to the transportation and general operating budgets which will dominate most legislative action through June, House Speaker Larry Householder and Senate President Larry Ohbof have indicated a desire to focus particular attention on regulatory reform, environmental protections (i.e. Lake Erie cleanup), criminal justice reforms and school funding reforms.
Governor DeWine will deliver his first “State of the State Address” in the Ohio Statehouse of March 5th. While he will certainly address many of the legislative leaders’ top concerns, he will undoubtedly highlight his own priorities including a new focus on helping Ohio’s families and children and efforts to combat the opioid epidemic.
Sign up for the Hicks Partners Insider Newsletter
The political environment is complex. When government actions impact your business, we get your voice heard at the highest levels.
Hicks Partners helps you navigate efficiently and ethically. We do more than simply open a door. We’re with you every step of the way advising, assisting and fine-tuning strategy as debate and decisions evolve and raising awareness of your services or policy issues with key decision makers at all levels of government.
- bipartisan government relations and consulting at local, state and federal levels
- executive, legislative and regulatory advocacy
- policy analysis and review
- creation of communications tools for government audiences
- proposal and presentation planning and support
- introductions to key decision makers
- strategic analysis and planning
- issue management and monitoring
- coalition building and grassroots support
- political environment analysis and advice
Hicks Partners: 9.2018 Elections Update