Careers - Grant Writer
Background: Hicks Partners LLC is multidisciplinary business consulting firm providing government affairs, public relations, and economic development services. The firm seeks qualified grant writer(s) to support current and future client needs in the Midwest and across the US. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, public entities, economic and transportation organizations, higher education institutions, and entrepreneurs.
Overview: Qualifications are requested from professional grant writers. Our goal is to identify one or more grant writers who would be engaged on a project basis to assist client(s) in pursuing grant and other funding opportunities primarily from state and federal agencies; specific experience with transportation and energy grants is a plus. Qualified vendors may be considered for one or more upcoming projects at the discretion of Hicks Partners.
Requirements: The Grant Writer will serve as a subcontractor to Hicks Partners and help shape initial concepts, produce, review, revise and prepare draft and final proposals, for submittal to government agencies for the firm’s client(s). The Grant Writer will meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering from other contributors. The Grant Writer will work closely with Hicks Partners senior leadership and program staff to submit funding proposals within grant guidelines and deadlines. Qualified vendors will have a demonstrated record of successful grant applications from federal agencies such as including but not limited to: USDOT, FHWA, USDOE, USED, USDOC, USDA, HHS, NSF, USEPA as well as state agency experience.
Candidates must have proven organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and previous experience engaging effectively with senior managers, researchers, and program level staff during the proposal design, development, and review phases. Candidates should demonstrate solid analytical and advanced writing and comprehension skills.
- At least 5 years of federal grant writing experience in a government, academic and/or scientific setting.
- A proven track record in grant writing with success in securing funding targets.
- Significant familiarity with the federal and state grant funding process.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability concisely “translate” technical findings and complex science concepts into plain, easily understood language.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Submittal Instructions: Interested Grant Writers are requested to submit a Statement of Qualifications including the following:
- Statement of Qualifications letter
- Please specify what federal and state agencies you have worked with in the past
- Writing sample of at least one page (or link) with appropriate redaction
- Typically compensation model(s)
Please submit responses to: ATTN: Grants Team, Hicks Partners LLC, 10 W Broad Street, Suite 200, Columbus, Ohio 43215, or email responses to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: ATTN: Grants Team.